Workflow Management Solutions enables the tracking of user tasks within an application. It defines the steps or approval levels that a task has to go through before it is complete.
We help our clients in implementing and incorporating workflow within their business processes by enabling them to track and monitor activities/processes using the ELIXIR innovative environment.
eliXir is an innovative technology that merges the power of Model Driven Architecture (MDA), the simplicity of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN), the breadth of the web and the flexibility of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
The basic features of a workflow implementation include the following:
- Role based access: User’s access within the application is restricted to the roles assigned to them. Roles can be assigned on the basis of the tasks that the user has to perform within the application. Administrator roles can be assigned to users who have full control over the applications.
- Workflow Definition: Provide the administrators with the options to define the workflow that is to be followed in performing the tasks. The administrator can define the various steps that are to be followed and the users/user groups authorized to perform the role. The various statuses that can be set for workflow activities can also be defined by the administrator.
- Workflow Activity: The workflow process begins with the first step defined by the administrator. The user group assigned to the first step can access the application and perform the necessary tasks. They can assign the task to other users. On completion, the task moves to the next step in the workflow.
- Task List: All the tasks that have been assigned to user are displayed in the task list for the user. The user can view the details of the task and perform any necessary action. The task list displays all the pending tasks available for a user.
- Log: The system maintains a log of every workflow activity. Log reports can be generated and viewed by the administrator. Details such as the name of the user who performed the task, the date on which the task was started and completed, the current status of the task etc. The log enables the administrator to keep track and monitor the activity within the application.
- Other Tools: Various tools such as reminders, schedulers etc can be integrated with the application to aid in the workflow activities. Users can set alerts/reminders for any pending tasks etc.
Check out the National Plan for Scientific & Technology case study to learn how we utilized Elixir to automate their internal workflow processes.